With the cold weather at the moment and having the central heating on constantly, our skin is under permanent attack right now.
Chances are it’s feeling dry, tight and a bit sore and with good reason. So here are some super easy ways to help to rehydrate the largest organ in the body. Doesn’t it seem more important when it’s put like that?!
- Drink more water, not tea! Simply rehydrate from the inside out. Our bodies need plenty of water to function at optimal levels and your skin is a great indicator of overall hydration levels. If your legs resemble snake skin then chances are you are dehydrated (and would benefit from a dry skin brush and exfoliation!)
- Wear an SPF moisturiser daily. Yes even in the winter. We stock Eve Taylor Day Cream and the C+ Bright Priming moisturiser, both with SPF30 in them.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake. They are diuretic which means you need to drink even more to replenish. That’s why you have a mouth like a budgie cage bottom after a drinking sesh!!
- Exfoliate GENTLY, regularly. Our favourite is Eve Taylor Microfine Daily Exfoliate. Gentle enough to use every day but leaves skin fresh and ready for your serum and moisturiser to absorb easier. Otherwise you are simply trying to rehydrate the dead skin cells. If your skin is dehydrated then the pores will be tight so don’t be afraid to use a lotion rather than a cream as a lighter texture will be more easily absorbed. If you use a really thick cream the chances are it will just lay over the skin causing breakouts and pimples.
- Use a lip balm to protect them from the elements.
- For a supercharge of hydration then use a great hyaluronic acid serum. It’s my favourite product. It’s a light, gel serum that absorbs quickly to plump out fine lines. The more water you drink, the better it works too….
I hope that helps and I’m available for consultations over the phone or by video if you are confused as to which products would help you. Just drop me a message.
Now go and grab a glass of the clear stuff. (not gin!!)